WHAT IS A SOBER COMPANION?
Sometimes, it’s easier to understand what we do by understanding what we don’t do…
Click here to learn what a Sober Companion is not.
Simply stated, a Sober Companion delivers completely individualized, interdisciplinary, non-traditional alcoholism or addiction treatment in your environment, outside the old mainstays of rehabs & detox centers.
Your Sober Companion will spend incredible amounts of time with you: full work days, work nights, or extended periods where the Sober Companion is by your side 24 hours a day. We book in 14-day or 28-day cycles.
If you are returning home from treatment, you trade a sterizlized, secure, drug-free environment for one where you know you’ve had huge problems. We help take treatment home with you. As long as you need us, you’ll have 24-hour personal assistant dedicated to giving you a good foundation in your recovery community.
Following are some of the roles a Sober Companion will fill:
- Build client confidence by giving the client new experiences in situations which previously led to relapse.
- Explore, in depth, those areas where the client has little or no experience staying clean.
- Help the client identify areas which may present roadblocks to continued abstinence.
- Transport the client to and from every location throughout the day.
- Ensure a drug-free environment – this includes hotel rooms, executive offices, studio sets or trailers, residences, personal vehicles, etc.
- Provide services to those leaving treatment, currently in sober living, in an outpatient/day-patient program, in their own home, transitioning from sober living or treatment to their own home, or who suffered a recently relapse.
- Those resistant to remaining abstinent from drugs and/or alcohol benefit greatly from the presence of a constant companion who simply will not allow a relapse.
A Sober Companion challenges and supports his client to make lifestyle changes and experience a better quality of life. We want you to avoid relapse and end the cycle of multiple trips to treatment. We help our clients be more effective and get back to center.
It is important to differentiate between the Sober Coach and the Sober Companion. Sometimes, a client will start with one and transition to the other. Whatever your needs, Sober Champion has the staff and experience to help you achieve your goals – free of drugs and alcohol.
Take a little treatment home with you.